This recipe was sent in by Pascale Thibodeau and I’m looking forward to someone making some for me!
Quantity: 3-4 Mason Jars
Time: 30-45 min.
. 1/4 cup (50 mL) Butter
. 1 bunch Leeks, (white and light green parts only) chopped
. 1 large Onion, chopped
. 1/3 cup (75 mL) All-purpose flour
. 3 cups (750 mL) Sodium-reduced chicken broth
. 2 cups (500 mL) Water
. 1 440 mL can English-style ale (one reg. bottle-dark beer)
. 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Salt
. 1/2 cup (125 mL) Whipping cream
. 12 oz (340 g) Aged cheddar cheese, shredded (4 cups/1 L)
. 2 tsp (10 mL) Hot mustard
. 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Worcestershire sauce
. 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Pepper
• In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook leeks and onion,
stirring often, until softened, 5 minutes.
• Add flour; cook, stirring, just until starting to brown, about 2 minutes.
• Slowly stir in broth, water, ale and salt; bring to simmer. Reduce heat to
low; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
• Stir in cream; bring just to boil over medium heat.
• Add cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; reduce heat to
low. Stir until piping hot and cheese is melted.
COMMENTS / NOTES: VERY YUMMY and easy to do!
1 of 1