You will be getting lots of greens this week ( remember – the leaves of kohlrabi, broccoli, radish, turnip, and beets can all be eaten and are very nutritious), so here are some ideas of what to do with them.
1) Braising greens is simple and delicious. If you’re not sure how, take a look at this.
2) Stir fry – this is my favorite way to eat Pac Choi and broccoli and is also very simple. Just fry quickly in oil with garlic, ginger. Add some sesame oil and soy sauce.
3) Arugula is a spicy mustard green and mizuna is mild. They both make great salad ingredients. Arugula is also popular sauteed, and on pizza or pasta.
3) Greens in Peanut Sauce (this is the recipe Rebecca made for everyone last year that was so popular)
– 1 medium onion
– 3 cloves garlic
-1 medium tomatoe
-1/2 tsp cumin and coriander
cook for 4 minutes then add
– 1 lb kale (0r any other green)
– 1/2 cup water
combine chunky peanut butter and chili sauce and add to greens
This Post Has One Comment
My husband and I made that recipe tonight. It was delicious!
Comments are closed.