Leek and Potato soup
This tasty recipe comes from: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/leek-and-potato-soup
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 medium onions
- 400 g leeks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400 g potatoes
- olive oil
- 2 organic chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and roughly slice the carrots.
- Slice the celery.
- Peel and roughly chop the onions.
- Cut the ends off the leeks, quarter them lengthways, wash them under running water and cut them into 1cm slices. Peel and slice the garlic.
- Place a large pan on a high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add all your chopped and sliced ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for around 10 minutes with the lid askew, until the carrots have softened, but are still holding their shape, and the onion and leeks are lightly golden.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1cm dice.
- Put the stock cubes into a jug or pan and pour in 1.8 litres of boiling water from the kettle.
- Stir until the stock cubes are dissolved, then add to the vegetables.
- Add your potatoes.
- Give the soup a good stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve like this or pulse until smooth using a hand blender or liquidizer. Divide between your serving bowls.