BOK CHOY RECIPES
BEEF & BOK CHOY STIR-FRY
- 375 g lean beef such as sirloin, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil such as canola oil
- 2-3 Tbsp oyster sauce divided
- 1 lb baby bok choy or regular bok choy chopped lengthwise
- 2 tsp sesame seeds optional: toast the sesame seeds
- 3-4 cups cooked rice or noodles for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine beef strips with soy sauce, sesame oil and corn starch.
- Let sit for at least 5-10 minutes while you prepare the bok choy.
- In a skillet or wok, bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Add bok choy. Cover and cook on medium-high heat until bok choy stems are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Add about 1/2 Tbsp to 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce (more or less to taste) and toss the bok choy.
- Transfer bok choy to a plate.
- Drain off any excess water from the skillet and make sure the skillet is dry.
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, add 1 T cooking oil.
- Add beef strips to skillet and let cook for 1 minute, undisturbed.
- Then stir-fry beef strips for another 3-4 minutes, depending on desired level of doneness.
- Add remaining oyster sauce to taste and combine.
- Place bok choy over rice.
- Top with beef and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bok Choy with Ginger and Garlic
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 baby bok choy sliced in half
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp water
- salt and pepper
- Heat the avocado oil in a wok or sauté pan on medium.
- Add the minced ginger and minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the bok choy and use tongs to turn and stir fry the bok choy in the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Pour two tablespoons of water into the pan, cover and let cook for 2 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat, add salt and pepper and serve.