beet greens RECIPES
Lemon and Butter Braised beet greens.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 lbs baby beet leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven over low heat, and add the garlic.
- Cook gently, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant but does not take on any color.
- Add the moist greens, raise the heat to medium-high, and cover the pan.
- Cook until the greens wilt, about 2 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice.
- Remove the cover; if there’s any excess liquid, cook until it evaporates.
- Toss the greens with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and serve hot.